Friday 18 July 2014

Guinea Pig Diet

A Guinea Pigs diet is the most import factor in ensuring your guinea pig has a happy healthy life. you need to make sure if you are going to buy a Guinea pig or already have one that there diet follows these specific guidelines:).
The most important thing in your Guinea pigs diet is hay, your Guinea Pigs should always have as much hay available to them as possible, they need hay to help trim their teeth and keep them in shape, hay is also very good for the Guinea Pigs digestive system I like to use any type of hay that I get from shops I trust such as pets at home, Tesco or Wilkinson's.
 

Dry pellet food is also essential for your Guinea Pigs diet, I like to use Guinea Pig food that has a mixture of things in it and is not just one single type of pellets because I find my Guinea pigs like that best. Guinea pigs should always have food available to them again I  buy my Guinea Pig food from brands I trust.
Water is also extremely important for your Guinea pigs diet and overall health it is so important,  Guinea Pigs should have constant fresh water available to them at all times.
 
Guinea Pigs should have one cup of vegetables each everyday, try and stay away from the vegetables with a high water content such as cucumber and Iceberg lettuce these can upset the Guinea Pigs stomach and give them diarrhea. Guinea pigs can also have fruit but these should be considered as a treat and not given on a daily basis:).
I hope you enjoyed this post on my Guinea Pigs diet I would like to hear your guinea pigs diet or any tips you have in the comments :)
lucyxx


No comments:

Post a Comment